Once your instance of Jeto is created, you can begin connecting it to your Marketo instance.
Steps to follow in Marketo:
1- Create a new dedicated API Only User. The API Only User must have permission to view all the workspaces in which program templates or cloned programs will live. The user must also have the following roles:
- Activate Campaign, Deactivate Campaign, Execute Campaign, Read/Write Campaigns and Read/Write and Approve Assets
- If you are unsure how to do so, you can view the Marketo Documentation
NOTE: You may need to create a new role for this. If you are unsure how to do so, you can view the Marketo Documentation
2 - Create a LaunchPoint Service
- Once your API Only User is created with the appropriate permissions, you will need to create a dedicated LaunchPoint Service in Marketo. The service type will be Custom and the API Only User will be the newly created dedicated user for Jeto.
If you are unsure how to do so, you can refer to the Marketo documentation
3 - Now that your API Only User and LaunchPoint Service are created, note down the following information, located in Marketo:
- Endpoint URL - located under the Web Services menu in the Admin panel, you will find the URL in the REST API box, at the very bottom. Note down the Endpoint URL.
- Client ID - Located under the LaunchPoint menu in the Admin panel, click "view details" next to your newly created Jeto LaunchPoint Service. From this pop up, note down the Client ID.
- Client Secret Key - In the same pop up, under the Client ID, you will find the Client Secret. Note the key down.
Steps to follow in Jeto:
Once you have noted the REST API Endpoint, Client ID and Client Secret Key, click Review. If you do not see the Review button, click on the red exclamation point.
1- Enter your Rest API Endpoint URL, Client ID and Client Secret Key in the form and click Save
- Make sure there are no spaces in the values if you copy/paste from Marketo
Your Jeto instance will beginning syncing with your Marketo instance. This step can take several minutes. Once the sync is complete, you will see a green check mark. You can click on the ‘x’ at the top of the window to return to the main admin console.